Wow what a ride so far!. I'm so bad at blogging. As of this morning I'm down 111 pounds since my surgery and around 142 pounds from my highest weight. I'm so happy with where I am. I know I still have a ways to go but even if I don't lose another pound after today I will still be happy and secure with my decision to have this surgery. This gave me my life back. I have more energy and feel so much more productive now. At my last visit my labs looked good and Dr. T said he was happy with where I was at. I have an appointment with my nutritionist September 15th (I think) and then I go back to Dr. T sometime in mid October for my 6 month check-up. I still want to lose about another 60 pounds. I have come so far in such a short period of time. I'm still amazed at all of this. Here are somethings I have noticed over the past few weeks:
* I can now wear bras and panties from Victorias Secret.
* I can now wear tall boots. I could never zip them up all the way since my calf was too large and now they fit perfectly.
* When my niece Ashlynn hugs me she can fit her arms all the way around my waist. She was so happy about this and so am I.
* I'm a large in my top and a 16 in bottoms. Shopping is starting to be fun again.
* I'm still getting migraines and not being able to take NSAIDS sucks. I haven't found a migraine medicine that works for me.
* I still love the tortilla crusted tilapia from Costco and I make a little dip of Greek yogurt and salsa so it sort of is like a fish taco. I could eat this everyday oh and homemade chili...yummy!
* I have not dumped once since surgery. I read all labels and weigh all of my food before I eat it. I am terrified of getting sick so I follow my Dr's plan 100%
* I still see myself as a 300+ pound person. My head hasn't caught up with my weight loss.
* I still have no feeling of fullness or no hunger sensation.
* Battling head hunger just plain sucks. The past few weeks have been super hard. I had a mini meltdown one night for no reason what so ever. My solution was to drink a glass of water and go to bed early.
* I have horrible insomnia. I can't sleep. I don't know what to do. I have had to take Tylenol pm 3 times in the past 2 weeks. I need to figure out something soon. I am just so exhausted.
* It is still a struggle to get 64 ounces of fluids in. Some days are better then others but I'm hitting my goal 90% of the time.
* My hair. Yep still falling out. I think it has slowed down some. Thanks goodness I had thick hair to start out with.
* I have committed to doing a Girl Scout 1 mile run with my niece. I would never of agreed or been able to do this 100+ pounds ago.
* I have realized I suck at taking my vitamins. I read someones post about mymedschedule.com and I set up text/email reminders. So I am a lot better about taking my supplements now :)
* Attention. Yep. You lose a bit of weight and people do notice and some don't know how to react and others are completely supportive and amazing.
* I've never had so many doors help open for me in my entire life. It sort of makes me a little sad that now more guys notice me and I'm still the same person as before. Just makes me realize that societies standards suck.
* Unfortunately the one guy I want to notice me I haven't seen and I didnt have enough guts to contact him and tell him how I feel. Oh well maybe I will soon. I got nothing else to lose, right? :)
Overall I feel great and am looking forward to continuing my journey. OK time for my night vitamins and some sleep.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Over the past 2 maybe almost 3 weeks I have felt like I haven't lost anything. The scale moves down and then moves up. I know I have been a lot more active; so I know I'm building muscle which weighs more than fat but still I have felt a little bit discouraged. That is until I sat down tonight and did some math. My last appointment with my surgeon on 06/29 I weighed 256 as on this morning 08/02 I weigh 243. So that is a loss of 13 pounds in 5 weeks. So 2.6 pounds per week. I feel so much better now that I did the math. I know I am doing everything right and following the rules but it still is rough when you don't see the scale moving as much. I just have to remember how far I have come in the past few months.